Every homeowner should have the number of a licensed plumber on hand in his or her contact list. Plumbing issues can happen at any time, and sometimes they can leave you in an emergency situation. While many homeowners will attempt minor repairs on their own, they would be wise to enlist the services of a licensed, insured and bonded plumbing contractor.
Benefits of a Certified Plumbing Contractor
When you hire a licensed plumber, you can be assured of several things:
- The person has undergone a background check. A reputable plumbing company understands the importance of safety and security for their employees and customers. For this reason, potential employees will be subject to a thorough background check.
Training and Credentials
- When you hire a licensed plumber, you know the person repairing the problem has had extensive training. They have received one-on-one training in techniques and procedures using the latest in state-of-the-art equipment.
- Along with extensive training, certified plumbers also understand and adhere to the International Plumbing Codes, have been certified by the state, and have an understanding of the county and city codes for the area(s) where they provide services.
- A plumbing contractor should always provide you with a written estimate. A licensed plumber must carry liability insurance, which protects your home if damage occurs during or after a plumbing repair.
- A certified plumber will be able to stand by their work and honor their warranty for repair, replacement and labor, if necessary.
You Get What You Pay For
Trying to trim costs can come back to haunt you if choose an unlicensed and uninsured person to do cut-rate plumbing work. Regardless of how minor your plumbing problem may be, a licensed plumber is an expert and knows how to make the repair without causing additional damage to your home or business.
- A certified plumber will have the correct tools for all types of repairs specific to plumbing problems, as well as the appropriate knowledge to complete the project. They will also know how to diagnose any problem quickly and efficiently to restore your service as soon as possible.
- A licensed plumber works within the rules and regulations of your state. This includes understanding how to restore service safely, when it is necessary to pull a permit and how to minimize damage to your home during the repair.
For answers to your plumbing questions, contact The Pink Plumber today.