A refreshing shower is one of the best ways to start the day, so it’s important to have a shower head that delivers the experience you want. When selecting the right product for your and your family’s needs, remember to check the water output per minute, which affects your water and power bills.
Which Shower Head?
Moen, Delta, Kohler and other manufacturers provide a bewildering range of shower appliances, but Consumer Reports gives a handy breakdown of the benefits each offer.
- Handheld: you can remove a handheld shower appliance from the wall and direct the spray wherever you want, which is useful for cleaning the shower and showering children and pets.
- Multi-setting: if you like to switch up your shower experience every once in a while, a multi-setting model can offer narrow and wide stream, massage, mist, pulsing, water saving and other options.
- Single-setting: with a single-setting shower, you are limited to one flow rate and type, but these types are usually cheaper than multi-setting products.
- Shower Towers: a vertical strip of jets as well as a fixed or handheld head is what you get with a shower tower. Due to regulations governing water use, the jets and head don’t usually operate at the same time.
- Rain Showers: designed to provide an experience similar to standing in the rain, these shower heads are wide disks fixed to the ceiling of the shower room.
- Aerating: these water-saving heads mix air and water, and deliver a misty flow that feels like a regular shower. Aerating shower heads also cool the water, so while you save on water bills, you use extra power to heat the water to a comfortable temperature.
- WaterSense: according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), shower heads sold in the US must deliver no more than 2.5 gallons per minute (gpm), but products carrying the WaterSense logo deliver 2.0 gpm or less. A WaterSense shower head can reduce water use up to 2,900 gallons and save 370 kilowatt hours of electricity per household per year.
Installing a new shower head is a great way to upgrade your bathroom and your shower experience. The best product is the one that fits in with your bathroom decor and matches your shower use and water- and energy-saving aims, as well as your budget. From the wide selection available, you are sure to find just the right shower appliance for you.
For answers to your questions, contact the Pink Plumber today.