Small, inexpensive bathroom upgrades can go a long way in bringing new life to your bathroom. The list below outlines five bathroom upgrades that offer a big bang for the buck.
- Tub Refinishing: Many fail to realize the costs associated with bathtub replacement. Often, the installation requires removing wall tile, repairing substrate and plumbing modifications in addition to purchasing a new tub. Refinishing or resurfacing an existing tub to a like-new condition can save you hundreds of dollars.
- Toilet Replacement: Installing a new, low-flow toilet can add significant appeal to your bathroom. In addition to saving water and money on your monthly utility bill, a new toilet adds a fresh new look to your bathroom.
- Bathroom Vanity: Replacing a 70s style bathroom vanity with a sleek, new model can change the look of your bathroom dramatically. Many styles, sizes, finishes and materials are available at home improvement centers or you can hire a cabinet shop to build a custom model just for you.
- Faucet Upgrades: Bathroom faucet designs have really expanded in recent years with today’s models offering a wide range of styles, finishes and operational types from which to choose. Replacing a crusty, pitted and malfunctioning faucet will raise the overall appearance and add a new look to an old bathroom.
- A Fresh Coat of Paint: Many bathrooms are brought back to life with a simple coat of paint. As the years pass, paint can yellow, chip, peel and crack leading to an old, dirty and neglected appearance. The beauty of this bathroom upgrade is that with a little patience, some inexpensive tools and some hard work by you, your bathroom can look like a million bucks. Well, that last statement may be stretching it a bit but you get the idea.
While some of the upgrades mentioned above are DIY friendly, leave the plumbing work to the professionals. Licensed plumbers spend many hours of continuing education in order to install or repair your plumbing correctly and according to your states local building code. Faulty installation by an unlicensed plumber can lead to thousands of dollars in additional home repairs.
For answers to your questions, contact The Pink Plumber today.