With springtime here, it's time to focus on flowers and green grass … and spring cleaning. With the proper bathroom cleaning tips, your chores will soon be behind you and you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the wonderful weather.
Here are ten things you should focus on:
- The toilet. In addition to your usual cleaning ritual of squirting cleaner into the toilet and scrubbing, your spring cleaning will involve a little extra effort. Disinfect the outside of the toilet. Use an old toothbrush in those hard-to-get-to crevices.
- The sink. Attack the faucet aerator with a toothbrush to clean any mineral buildup, which can lead to waterflow issues. Also, take out the sink stopper and clean out any hair and other accumulated gunk. You can purchase a tool to do this. Pour two cups of hot water down the drain to help flush it out.
- Your caddies. Over time your shower caddy, toothbrush holder, soap dishes and trashcans succumb to a buildup of soap, shampoo, toothpaste, and a hodgepdoge of other materials. Empty them out and give them all a good soak and scrub. You can use a light dishwasher soap to get them sparkling clean.
- The medicine cabinet. Spring cleaning is the perfect time to go through your medicine cabinet. Get rid of all the old prescriptions and medications. Throw out any cosmetics, lotions, or other potions that you haven't used in the past six months. Empty everything out and give it a good cleanse.
- The vanity and cabinets. Grab a damp sponge or cloth and wipe down your vanity and cabinets. If you have woodwork, use some wood cleaner to wipe down the cabinets.
- The bathroom closet. Go through and clean out any old towels or linens. Set them aside to donate to charity. Wash the towels you're keeping with hot water and about a cup of vinegar. This will help any musty odors you might notice.
- Under the sink. Now's the time to discover what lurks beneath. Have you gotten into the habit of throwing a hodgepodge of cleaning supplies and beauty products into your bathroom's blackhole, also known as under the sink? Now's the time to clear it out, and throw away the old, unused stuff. Get organizers or bins to keep things tidy.
- The shower door/curtain. If you have a shower door or curtain, it's time to get rid of all the scum and grunge that has accumulated over time. For a plastic shower liner, simply toss it into the washing machine. If you have a shower door, try a mix of one cup vinegar and one cup dish soap.
- The floors. Even if you regularly clean your floors, they need a thorough scrubbing every once in while. This is especially true if you have tile grout. Scrub with a brush and vinegar/hot water mix.
- Check for plumbing leaks. Check the toilet and plumbing under the sink for any sign of leaks.
For answers to your questions about bathroom cleaning tips, contact the Pink Plumber today.